This is an update today from Jeff Stone, Republican state senator, on the progressive Democrats’ continued destruction of California . By the way, we are already deemed the worst state for businesses. I’m hoping that Jeff got these all right. If not, blame the Secretary of State’s office.
Here are some of the highlights of this past session (thank your Democrat legislators!):
- SB-1: increases your gas taxes by approximately 20 Cents (Nov 1) and your vehicle license fees by an average of $100 (Jan 1st).
- Passed Cap-n-Trade Tax which will increase gas 0.63 to 0.93 cents a gallon change and the taxes that go with it. So do the math projection..... (0.12 + 0.63 = 0.75/gallon + current $3.10/gallon = $3.85/gallon) We're already the costliest in the nation.
- Proposed increase on a new tax every residence will pay for tap water!
- A $3.46B parks bond to pay for parks in "disadvantaged communities", meaning Los Angeles . The debt service alone will be over $200 million a year. The good news is some money goes to help fix the Salton Sea which should have always been a State responsibility!
- Law to release any lifer (murder, rape , child molestation, etc.) who is 60 years old and has already spent 25 years in prison! Charles Manson would have qualified if he just waited a few months before dying; and the Melendez brothers that murdered their parents could be released in about 12 years? Victims?... what victims?
- A new $10 charge on all residents living in a mobile home park to address “living condition enforcement” in those parks? What the heck does that mean? As if having to live in a mobile home park isn’t bad enough? Why does the left embrace these regressive taxes on the poor?
- We picked an official dinosaur for the State of California . Really??? Yes, Really!!!
- Blackmail Tesla to either unionize with the United Auto Workers Union, or forfeit State incentives to buy their electric cars! Maybe political blackmail doesn’t count as breaking any law. Unions are loving it. “Watch out solar companies... they may be coming after you next!!!”
- Reduce from a felony to a misdemeanor the purposeful intent to transmit the AIDS virus to a unknowing partner.
- Give preferential treatment to prisoners convicted of serious crimes that are less than 25 years old because their brains are not mature enough to understand right from wrong. Whaaat? If the brains of our kids don't mature until 25, why do we allow them to vote ?
- A bill to require our true sex be omitted from drivers licenses? Whaaat?
- Free legal services for illegal immigrants... Of course!
- Establish safe "injection zones" run by government to oversee people injecting heroin!